Located in the front of Tel Aviv stock exchange, the BitEmbassy is, since 2013, a place for crypto-currencies aficionados.
The Bitcoin emBassy TLV is a grassroots mission to offer a location where the community and all the enthusiasts can use, and organizes a variety of events and projects for the community. All are welcome to share and talk about the decentralized digital currency.
A COMMUNITY BEFORE ALL
You’ll find all sort of individuals, from Palestinian bitcoin miners, to American crypto-anarchists entrepreneurs if you happen to visit.
- Bitcoin ATM : The Lamassu Bitcoin ATM is an easy 3 step solution to buy bitcoins for cash under 1000 ILS. Made by Lamassu, hosted at the emBassyTLV and operated by Bits of Gold, the ATM also represents many aspects of the innovation and community surrounding the emBassy.
- Bitcoin Security Workshop : Every week Gil Assayag conducts a Bitcoin security workshop at the emBassy, free and open for the public to come and learn everything about opening a secure Bitcoin wallet
- Ask the Experts : Ask the Experts with Alef Bit is a weekly open panel, taking place at the emBassy and on Facebook every Thursday, with an expert volunteers for the public to freely ask any question regarding 21st century economics.
- Satoshi Square : The Satoshi Square meetup is where bitcoin buyers and sellers can meet. The meetup takes place in many locations worldwide, and here at the emBassy TLV we host one every week.
- Bitcoin Diplomatic Confeence : The Bitcoin Diplomatic Conference is a collaborative group of embassies sharing and collaborating on community initiatives. The conference allows communities and embassies around the world to copy, modify and recreate these initiatives for everyone’s benefit.
Organized by Eli Sklar, Cryptonights are a unique new form of educational entertainment – once a week the Bitcoin Embassy hosts a movie, short film, or a recorded lecture on subjects of economy, governance, and futurology. Afterwards the participants conduct an open conversation on the topic in the open air.
Report from APRIL 1ST, 2017